May 30, 2017
APRIL 2017 MARKET UPDATE BOULDER CO REAL ESTATE
and SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES including ESTES PARK
Iconic Gold Lake Resort on 90 Acres – Waterfront Amenities – Natural Lake Historic Lodge – 15 Cabins – 23 Sleeping Units – Soaking Pools – Horse Stables
Marketed by Equity Colorado Real Estate – Boulder – offered at $9,999,000
NEXT MONTH’S FEATURE TOPIC
Why Have A Buyer’s Agent When Purchasing New Construction
DISPUTING LOW APPRAISAL VALUES ON YOUR HOME
1. Obtain your own “full” copy of the appraisal. Review with your real estate agent.
2. Review for mistakes…did the appraiser place your home in the wrong neighborhood?
Was less square footage calculated? Fewer bedrooms/bathrooms? Upgrades missed?
3. Review for comparisons with similar properties in which you might find disagreement.
Comparison categories that might be inaccurate…age; square footage; amenities;
lot size; neighborhood location; condition; custom vs track style; school district.
4. Did the appraiser know the difference in your neighborhood’s appeal vs another?
5. Was the appraiser able to locate all permits for improvements done to your home?
6. Work with your real estate agent to find your own comparable homes to shine
a better light on the value of your home.
7. Politely petition the appraiser for another appraisal.
8. Usually, you can hire another appraiser yourself.
9. Contact us.
New Listing – 2695 Kalmia Avenue – Boulder – 4126 TSF – $889,000
Gourmet Kitchen with Gas Range/Oven
Secluded Yard and Patio
Family Room with Gas Fireplace
Main Level Master Bedroom
Master Bath Tub and Shower