June 26, 2017
Hello again…ready for Summer?
MAY 2017 MARKET UPDATE BOULDER CO REAL ESTATE
and SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES including ESTES PARK
Photograph by Kim Olson – kimolsonphoto.com
NEXT MONTH’S FEATURE TOPIC
Why Isn’t My Home Selling?
SHOULD YOU HAVE A BUYER’S AGENT WHEN PURCHASING
NEW CONSTRUCTION? PROBABLY…
1. When purchasing new construction it seems so easy…no worries as to problems
caused by previous owners.
2. A Buyer’s Agent may have knowledge of the more reputable builders
in the area…ones that can complete the construction on time with your trust.
3. However, there are many unforeseen pitfalls, hidden risks, and complications
involved in the process. How close is oil and gas development?
4. Who will look out for your best interests? The onsite sales representative?
The builder? The job foreman?
5. A Buyer’s Agent will ask to see the specific site plan to review the slope of the land,
possible drainage ditches, an unsightly utility box, and more.
6. Hmm…is it important to you as to how the sun swings around the home?
What is your preference? Is there an HOA? One? Two?
7. A Buyer’s Agent can make recommendations to modify the floor plan to add
both living comfort and long term value.
8. A Builder’s Standard Contract is written in a highly protective manner that favors
the builder…a Buyer’s Agent can assist with contract negotiations, review,
and further explain to-be-expected construction issues.
9. The agent at the builder’s site represents the builder, not you. That builder’s agent
is focused on the best interests of his/her client…the company selling the home.
10. Might it be important for you to hire an independent property inspector to inspect
the property on your behalf at completion? Hmm.
11. Having a Buyer’s Agent represent you when purchasing new construction may be
both paramount to your total enjoyment of the home and to maximize your
financial gain at time of future sale.
RECENTLY “SOLD” FRONT RANGE PROPERTIES
by various real estate agents and companies…
Boulder – 411 Arapahoe Avenue – $3,495,000
4987 Total Sq Ft – 0.24 Acre – Built 2015
Louisville – 754 Hoover Road – $1,280,000
3642 Total Sq Ft – 0.42 Acre – Built 1992
Lafayette – 789 Niwot Ridge Lane – $1,370,000
6526 Total Sq Ft – 0.5 Acre – Built 1998
Longmont – 521 Gay Street – $1,000,000
6856 Total Sq Ft – 0.28 acre – Built 2000
ULTIMATE MOUNTAIN HOME LOCATION in ESTES PARK
Integrated into the natural environment of the Colorado Rockies
The home most people only dream to someday own
Over $500,000 in recent upgrades – offered at $1,595,000
Listed by Porchlight Real Estate Group
Please contact us at 303-589-7168 for all showings
Enjoy the summer…
Equity Colorado Real Estate
360 Degree Panoramic Tours
Over 100 Language Translations Available
Advanced Map Search